FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Friday, March 26th, 2021
SANTA ANA – Supervisor Katrina Foley has taken the oath of office for the 2nd District for the Orange County Board of Supervisors.
Foley was sworn in at noon on March 26th, at the Hall of Administration in Santa Ana. The Oath of Office was Administered by Superior Court Judge Karen L. Robinson, with Supervisor Foley’s family, key staff members attending.
“Today is the culmination of so much hard work,” said Supervisor Foley. “But it’s also the beginning of an important new journey. I have outlined the top priorities for my first 100 days, including expanded vaccine rollout, establishing a framework of public transparency, and meeting my key priorities. My team and I look forward to working with our partners and colleagues in other offices, community organizations, and the residents of District 2. Let’s hit the ground running.”
In her inaugural address, Supervisor Foley outlined her core priorities for her first term in office, including:
- A strengthened COVID response focused on vaccine distribution in the 100 days,
- Establishing public transparency through weekly briefings, town halls and satellite offices, Working to with business, labor and public safety to build up workforce development programs,
- Continuing to address homeless needs and veterans.
Supervisor Foley also reiterated a commitment to clean energy, cleaner and quieter skies, and protection of our coast, a core part of her agenda.
Foley introduced three of her team’s staff members, including:
- Nick Anas, Deputy Chief of Staff and Cheif COVID officer
- Jess Huang, Communications Director,
- Kimberlee Belli, Scheduler
With more staff to be announced.
Supervisor Katrina Foley represents Orange County’s 2nd District, including Costa Mesa, Cypress, Huntington Beach, La Palma, Los Alamitos, Newport Beach, Seal Beach, Stanton, the unincorporated area of Rossmoor, and portions of Buena Park and Fountain Valley.